class handwritten notes download mains and pre exam , Indian history of RAS for English medium students , we have dedicated to our work so that you can achieve good marks in your academics , RAS prelims , mains or RPSC exams.
We have divided Indian history into several parts so that you can adopt facts very smoothly and very fast way for long term in your memory.
First we see complete history in brief , after that we will see all the topics of related to that chapter.
Indian history and Indian culture syllabus :
- Indian heritage : fine art of india , Indian performing art , major and important architecture of india , literature of india from Indus civilization to british Era . (till 1858 AD)
- Religious philosophy in ancient india and medieval india , religious movement in ancient india and medieval india . (major religious movements in Indian history)
- Indian modern history from the beginning of 19th century to 1965 AD . significant events , major persons (personalities) in modern Indian history (19th century to 1965 AD) , major or significant issues in history of modern india.
- Indian national movement : various stages of national movement , various streams of Indian national movement , major contributors and their contribution in Indian national movement from the different parts of the india .
- Various and major socio-religious reform movements during 19th century to 20th
- Post independence consolidation and reorganisation – accession of princely states of india and linguistic reorganization of states of india.
|The painting||Ancient paintings : Cave painting , mjaor prehistoric stone age paintings like panchmadhi , pahargarh , raigarh , bhimbetaka , paintings of harappan civilization , bauddh wall painting , wall painting of mauryan empire like jogimara cave etc. Ajanta and bagh painting , paintings of badami cave , painting of sultanate period , rajasthani style , pahari painting , western Indian style , paintings of 16th century. Paintings of mughals period , jammu style , Kashmir style , sikkh painting style , odisha painting style etc.
Modern Indian paintings : tanjor and maysoor style , patna or company style , mithila (madhubani) painting , manjusha style , thangka painting , jadopiya style , verli painting , kalamkari , raja ravi verma ‘s contribution In Indian paintings , bangal style , shanti niketan style etc.
|Music and performing art of india||ancient : dance of Sandhav period , tandav and laasy dance , dramaturgy of barat muni etc.
medieval : sufi music , music of mugal period , music of sultanate period , music of jonpur court , music development in hindu court during medieval period , performing art during mughal period etc.
Classical dance : bharatanatyam , kathkali , kuchipudi , katthak , odisi , Manipuri , mohiniattam etc.
Folk dance and drama : Chakyarkuntu , chhau dance , bhaand paather , swang , maagh , bhaona , mudibettu , dashavatar , bihu dance , rauf , baimbu dance , yakshgan etc.
Singing (music) style : dhrupad , khyal , thoomari , tarana , tappa thamar , gajal etc.
|Architecture of india from indus civilization to british era|
|Architecture of Ancient india||Nagar style , dravid style , besar style , chol Architecture , gopuram , gandhar art syle , maski , borobudur stupa in java , vishnu temple angkor wat Cambodia , contemporaneous metropolis of buddha period , Urbanization , mohenjo daro , second urbanization , urbanization of indus valley civilization , Oculus pottery , saindhava period , vedic sculptural art etc.|
|Architecture of Medieval india||charminar of Hyderabad , golkunda , Round dome , Mosque in india , Tower (meenar) , Mausoleum , The arch , architecture style of medieval india , Taajmahal , architecture style of sultanate period , tughlaq period architecture etc.|
|Architecture of Modern india||Sculpture of british period , Resurgence period of art , modern architecture of modern delhi , famous persons etc.|
We can classify Indian history into major parts –
- Ancient Indian history
- Medieval Indian history
- Modern Indian history
Now we are briefly understand syllabus in these categories as follows –
- History of ancient india : pre historic period :- stone age (paliolithic age , mesolithic period , neolithic period )
Proto historic period :- Indus valley civilization , vedic civilisation .
Historic period (600BC to 712 AD) :- mahajanpadas of 600 BC .
rise of Magadha , mauraya dynasty , post mauryan period , gupta period , harshvardhan (606-647) ,
pre medieval india period : gurjar pratihara dynasty , garwal dynasty , chauhan dynasty , chandel dynasty , parmar dynasty chalukaya dynasty , pala dynasty , hindu shahi dynasty etc.
south india : rashtrakutas , vakataha dynasty , chalukya dynasty , pallava dynasty , chola dynasty etc.
vijaynagar empire : sangam dynasty , salwa dynasty , tulwa dynasty , aarvidu dynasty , etc.
- Medieval Indian history : Arabian invasion in india , Turkish invasion in india , delhi sultanate , mughal dynasty (babur , mumayun etc.) suri dynasty , akbar etc.
- Modern Indian history : downfall of mughals (bahadur shah-II / shah alam-I, jahandar shah , farruksiyar , rafi ud darjat , rafi ud daula , mohmmad shah , ahmed shah , alamgir-II , akbar-II , bahadur shah-II ) , revolt of 1857 , Marathas and peshwas , dutch , britishers , Danish , French , Bengal etc.